The School Resource Officer (SRO) program is a part of the Community Relations Division of the Tinton Falls Police Department and was developed using the Community Oriented Policing philosophy. The SRO is an asset provided to benefit both the community and the school in an attempt to attend to situations that occur within our schools on a daily basis. Fortunately, most events do not require an official law enforcement act, but only guidance from a resource that can guide our youth in a positive direction. Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities of our SROs.
School Resource Officers: Sgt. Michael Delucia, Cpl. Thomas Dennehy, Ptl. Ryan Daly
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with the school officials
- Assist school officials with preventing and investigating school truancies.
- Provide police services and security for each school where an officer is assigned
- Participate in several committees including critical incident, and juvenile conference committee.
- Work as a resource to ensure students and parents are directed to the proper social services agencies when needed.
- Document and investigate all offenses and criminal acts that take place on school property.
- Works in concert with the Tinton Falls Police Juvenile Detective as well as the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office regarding bias incidents, abuse, assault, and any other serious offense that affects the student body
- Participates in the education process by presenting classes for drivers education and the criminal forensics classes.
- Traffic Control at Tinton Avenue