100 % Disabled Veteran
Disabled Veteran Exemption (DVSSE)
Disabled Veteran Claimant (must meet all 5 requirements)
1. have had active wartime service in United States Armed Forces and been honorably discharged;
2. have a United States Veterans Administration certification of wartime service-connected disability as described under #5 on front of DVSSE Claim;
3. wholly own or hold legal title to the dwelling house for which exemption is claimed;
4. occupy the dwelling house as the principal residence;
5. be a citizen and legal domiciliary resident of New Jersey .
Documentary Proofs Required – Each assessor may require such proofs necessary to establish claimant’s exemption entitlement and photocopies of any documents should be attached to DVSSE Claim as part of the application record.
Military Records : Certificate of Honorable Discharge or Release, Form DD214, or Military Notification of Death or Certification of United States Veterans Administration.
Disability : Veterans Administration Certificate of Disability. (please note: our office must have a certification letter from the V.A. disclosing that your wartime service-connected disability is totally disabling and a 100% permanent and total evaluation was assigned. This letter must have a raised seal to be considered acceptable.)
Ownership : real property deed, executor contract for property purchase, or Last Will and Testament if by devise, or if intestate or without a will give names and relationships of decedent’s heirs-at-law.
Residency : New Jersey driver’s license or motor vehicle registration, voter’s registration, etc.
Exemption forms may be obtained by contacting the Assessor’s Office @ (732) 542-3400 ext. 222 or by selecting the links below. Both of the below forms need to be completed.
Disabled Veteran Exemption Forms
Supplemental Form for Peacekeeping Missions