|Maureen L. Murphy, Borough Clerk
Phone: 732-542-3400 Ext. 260
Municipal Election Information - Petition Packages will be available at the Borough Clerk's Office beginning 8:30am on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 for two positions of Councilmember-at-Large (terms to expire 12/31/2017) and one position of Mayor (term to expire 12/31/2017) to be elected at the Municipal Election during the General Election on November 5, 2013. The deadline for submitting packets is Tuesday, September 3, 2013. For more information or questions, contact the Borough Clerk at 732-542-3400 x219 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday thru Friday.
The Municipal Clerk's office is responsible for the following:
- Registered Municipal Clerk is a statutory position that must achieve certification through education and testing. The Registered Municipal clerk must attend certification classes to retain a RMC license designation.
- Chief Administrative Official of all elections.
- Chief Registrar of voters.
- Custodian of the Municipal Seal.
- Prepare meeting agendas for Borough Council and attends all meetings with the responsibility of recording the minutes of the meetings.
- Custodian of the original copies of all Ordinances, Resolutions, Minutes, Performance Bonds, Contracts, Borough Deeds and Easements.
- Administrative Officer responsible for licenses and permits (Liquor and Raffle Licenses).
- Custodian of Landlord Registration Statements.
- Assessment Search Official.
- Open Public Records Official "OPRA"
- Custodian of Off-Site Condition Disclosure.
- Custodian of Financial Disclosure Statements.