Non-CCO Residential Process Information
Here is a general list of the application process:
- Submit completed application and pay fee.
- Application is checked for completeness. (See Application Information for more details.)
- An inspection date is scheduled and coordinated with the Fire Prevention Bureau for a Fire Prevention inspection date. Inspections are done weekday mornings. All utilities must be operating at time of inspection. (Gas, Water & Electric)
- Property file is checked to verify there are no outstanding permits.
- Inspector completes inspection. (Partial checklist)
- Inspection Failed:
- The inspector will explain the reason(s) the inspection failed. Once you have resolved the issue(s), you are responsible for contacting the office to schedule a reinspection date.
- Inspection Passes:
- If there are no outstanding issues and all necessary documentation has been received, the final Non-CCO document will be mailed.