556 Tinton Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724
Disabled Veteran Exemption or Surviving Spouse of Disabled Veteran or Serviceperson (DVSSE)
Disabled Veteran Claimant (must meet all 5 requirements)
1. have had active wartime service in United States Armed Forces and been honorably discharged;
2. have a United States Veterans Administration certification of wartime service-connected disability as described under #5 on front of DVSSE Claim;
3. wholly own or hold legal title to the dwelling house for which exemption is claimed;
4. occupy the dwelling house as the principal residence;
5. be a citizen and legal domiciliary resident of New Jersey .
Surviving Spouse Claimant (must meet all 6 requirements)
1. document that the deceased veteran or serviceperson was a citizen and resident of New Jersey at death who had active wartime service in the United States Armed Forces and who was honorably discharged or who died on active wartime duty;
2. document that the deceased veteran had V.A. certified wartime service-connected disability;
3. not have remarried;
4. wholly own or hold legal title to the claimed dwelling house;
5. occupy the dwelling house as the principal residence;
6. be a citizen and legal domiciliary resident of New Jersey .
Documentary Proofs Required – Each assessor may require such proofs necessary to establish claimant’s exemption entitlement and photocopies of any documents should be attached to DVSSE Claim as part of the application record.
Military Records : Certificate of Honorable Discharge or Release, Form DD214, or Military Notification of Death or Certification of United States Veterans Administration.
Disability : Veterans Administration Certificate of Disability. (please note: our office must have a certification letter from the V.A. disclosing that your wartime service-connected disability is totally disabling and a 100% permanent and total evaluation was assigned. This letter must have a raised seal to be considered acceptable.)
Surviving Spouse : Death Certificate of Decedent, marriage license.
Ownership : real property deed, executor contract for property purchase, or Last Will and Testament if by devise, or if intestate or without a will give names and relationships of decedent’s heirs-at-law.
Residency : New Jersey driver’s license or motor vehicle registration, voter’s registration, etc.
Exemption forms may be obtained by contacting the Assessor’s Office @ (732) 542-3400 ext. 222 or by selecting the links below. Both of the below forms need to be completed.
Surviving Spouse of Disabled Veteran or Serviceperson Exemption Forms